Health & Safety
Health and Safety is paramount. Staff are trained to ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met protecting both staff and the public.
Our senior management is IOSH trained and Area Managers receive training in health and safety to ensure that all requirements are met on site by our staff. Operatives are trained to know what hazards and risks are in their workplace and the steps taken to eliminate or reduce these risks. Operatives are supplied with appropriate health and safety protection and if required we provide high visibility clothing and safety footwear suitable for the conditions of use.
Each cleaning task is risk assessed and the specific precautionary measures incorporated into the method statement.
- COSHH assessments are provided on site and regularly reviewed
- PAT tests are conducted on vacuum cleaners and other portable electric appliances
- Health and Safety information is provided and cleaners are trained in its importance
- Personal Protective clothing is provided where this is necessary
SAFEcontractor is a leading third party accreditation scheme which recognises very high standards in health and safety management amongst UK contractors. Our SAFEcontractor accreditation auditing ensures that our health and safety policy is understood and adhered to by our staff.
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
Some ingredients in cleaning products can cause skin allergies and asthma and some products are corrosive and can cause skin burns and eye damage.
Preventing exposure to harmful substances means a combination of some of the following controls:
- Use good work techniques that avoid or minimise contact with harmful substances and minimise leaks and spills. Store cleaning products safely
- Some tasks will require personal protective equipment like protective gloves, aprons and eye protection
- Practice good hand care – remove contamination promptly, wash hands properly, dry thoroughly and use skin creams regularly
- Keep the workplace well ventilated
Swift manages our chemical products carefully and staff are trained in their safe use. The controls for each product will depend on the task.